Product Review Contest Terms
1. The Poulan Pro 2012 Product Review Contest (“Contest”) begins 1 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) March 1, 2012 and ends 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on February 28, 2013 ("Contest Period").
2. Open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of March 1, 2012.
3. During the Contest Period, participants will be able to register online (an “Entry”) at http://www.poulanpro.com. All entries must be received by the deadline for the Contest Period to be eligible for the drawing. Limit one (1) entry per person and per email address. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account enter the Contest and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account subscriber of said e-mail account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant and required to comply with these Official Rules and all requirements set forth herein. “Authorized account subscriber” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization, which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Participants may also enter by mailing a 3”X5” card with their name, address, email address and telephone number to: Poulan Pro 2012 Product Review Contest, 9335 Harris Corners Parkway, Suite 500, Charlotte, NC 28269. Any such entry must be postmarked by February 28, 2013, for receipt no later than March 4, 2013.
4. Prize: The participant who is randomly selected at the end of the Contest Period will win:
• PP4218AV Chainsaw (Part #952802031) • PR675Y22RHP Lawn Mower (Part #961420100) • BVM210VS Blower (Part #952711936) • PP130 Trimmer (Part #966805601)
The estimated retail value of the package is $756.68. Winner will be responsible for all taxes (including federal, state and local taxes) and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of the prize not described herein as being awarded. Prize is not transferable, redeemable for cash, or substitutable except by Sponsor, which reserves the right at its discretion to substitute the prize with one of comparable or greater value. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
On or about March 5, 2013, Poulan Pro, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) will select potential winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The potential winners will be notified by email. The odds of winning the annual prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the entire Contest Period.
5. Employees of the Sponsor and its respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, retailers, distributors and suppliers, and the immediate families (spouse, parents, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and individuals living in the same households of such employees, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter or win a prize. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
6. Potential winners will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability release and, where legal, a publicity release within fourteen (14) days of date of issuance of those documents or prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to an alternate winner. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail. In the event that any e-mail to any potential winner is returned as undeliverable, a response to any given e-mail is not received within three (3) days of date of its issuance or any potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. In the event any potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules or prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize may be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected.
7. Contest is governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina without regard to its conflict of laws principles, with venue in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina and all claims must be resolved in the courts of Mecklenburg County, North Carolina. By participating, entrants agree as follows: a) to abide by these Official Rules, and to the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects; b) to the use of their names and/or likenesses and/or biographical data by Sponsor and its designees if selected as a winner, for advertising, promotional and other purposes in any or all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification (except where prohibited by law); and c) THAT SPONSOR, AND ANY OF ITS RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS AND SUPPLIERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS OR INJURY TO AN ENTRANT OR ANY THIRD PARTY RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR THE USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE. PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES EXCEPT FOR ANY “IN THE BOX” WARRANTY THAT MAY BE PROVIDED WITH THE PRIZES. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, delayed, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP), server or other connections, miscommunications, failed phone, computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind whether computer, network, human, mechanical, electronic, printing, typographical or otherwise relating to or in connection with this Contest, including, without limitation, errors, problems or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of votes, entries or registrations, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials or for any damage to entrant’s or other person’s hardware or software as a result of participation. Released Parties are also not responsible for entries, votes or registrations that are illegible, lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled and all such votes and/or entries are void. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by the Sponsor will be disqualified and their entries/votes will be void. Every submission must be manually keystroked and manually entered by the individual participant and repetitive automated electronic submission of entries is specifically disallowed. Entries/votes generated by script, macro or any automated system or with the intent to impair the integrity of the entry/voting process is prohibited and all such entries/votes will be void. In the event the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, worms, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest, or if Contest is unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend or terminate the Contest or any portion thereof and/or terminate the participation of any participant (and void all associated entries/votes) whose conduct potentially compromises the Contest and, if terminated, at its sole discretion to award the prize(s) for the drawing(s) at issue from among all eligible non-suspect entries received for the applicable drawing(s) prior to the act requiring such termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. CAUTION: Any attempt by an entrant to damage the website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. AS A CONDITION OF PARTICIPATING, ENTRANT AGREES THAT A) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, IF ANY, AND B) ALL CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST, OR ANY COMPENSATION OR CREDIT TO BE PROVIDED, SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; AND C) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARD SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET COSTS INCURRED, IF ANY, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER LEGAL COSTS OR EXPENSES.
10. The names of the winners and/or a copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by mailing a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: Poulan Pro 2012 Product Review Contest, 9335 Harris Corners Parkway, Suite 500, Charlotte, NC 28269, for receipt no later than March 31, 2013. VT residents omit return postage on rules requests.
11. Sponsor: Poulan Pro Inc., 9335 Harris Corners Parkway, Suite 500, Charlotte, NC 28269.